Skip to main content

Greek Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette


Eating healthy is really important around our house, but every now and then, a girl just needs a plate of delicious fries, I tell you!  

Am I right?!?

This recipe is a keeper.  Large wedges of russet potatoes are coated with a quick vinaigrette of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, shallot, garlic, oregano and parsley (which comes together in a flash with the help of a food processor).  Next, they bake up all beautiful and golden brown in the oven for about an hour.

The flavor is fantastic, and you could even add a little Greek feta cheese as a garnish if you really wanted to take them over the top.  

Next time, I will probably cut the vinaigrette quantities in half, because I did end up with extra vinaigrette.  This isn't a terrible thing, though, because you could use it up in other dishes.  I bet it would be delicious on a roasted chicken.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Bon Appetit, my friends!



Greek Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette
Adapted from:  Bobby Flay, Food Network Magazine, April 2013

Ingredients:
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 large shallot, quartered
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, plus 1 Tbsp chopped, for garnish
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 lbs. large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Place the first six ingredients in a food processor.  Add 1 tsp salt, and pepper to taste.  Puree until mostly smooth.

Toss the potatoes with 1/2 cup of the prepared vinaigrette in a large bowl and spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet (Reserve the remaining vinaigrette).  Roast the potatoes until tender and golden, turning occasionally, 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Transfer the potatoes to a platter and drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette.  Season with salt and garnish with the chopped parsley.  Serve with the remaining vinaigrette on the side.

 

Pin It

Comments

Rachel said…
Beautiful and I'm sure they're delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Those look fabulous! And the marinade would be perfect for grilled chicken.

Popular posts from this blog

Absolutely Sinful Cinnamon Rolls

***Alrighty, here are the cinnamon rolls that I mentioned in my previous post. I put these together on Christmas Eve, and then baked them on Christmas morning. Let me just tell you...there's nothing quite like the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls wafting through the house on Christmas morning...ahhhhh...so wonderful! This is going to be a new tradition for us...fresh, homemade rolls on Christmas. I thought that I might try this recipe, and then maybe try a new one next year...until I found one that I really loved. However, I hit the jackpot on the first try! This is THE recipe that I'll always use. UPDATE:   Since originally writing this post in 2008, I've  made these cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas!  They are a holiday tradition that my family looks forward to all year!  You can see my other posts here, with lots more photos of these sinful cinnamon rolls: CHRISTMAS 2009 CHIRSTMAS 2010 CHRISTMAS 2011 The great thing was that I could prepare them on Christmas

My Favorite Quiche!

***It's not often that a recipe is worthy of re-posting.  I think I've only done that once or twice in the entire time I've written this blog.  However, this is one of those rare occasions.  Back in 2009 when Brad and I went to Europe, we had the most amazing Quiche Lorraine at the incredible Les Deux Magots cafe in Paris.  It was delicious and was served alongside a yummy salad of fresh greens (Quiche Lorraine sur Salade Verte).  Oh, it was heaven on a plate!  It also didn't hurt that we were sitting on the patio of one of the most famous cafes in Paris, after all...haha.  The atmosphere and people-watching in that particular area are hard to beat. I'll never forget the elderly lady that was sitting at the table right next to us (the tables were situated pretty close together).  She was dressed to-the-nines, was all by herself, and was just the quintessential, classy Parisian lady.  I wish more than anything that I had tried to strike up a conversation with her

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread - Southern Living

***There seriously aren't very many things that smell better than Banana Nut Bread baking in the oven.   Don't you agree?  This recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread from Southern Living magazine was one of the very first recipes that I added to this blog...back in November 2007!  In fact, I came across it when I worked for the magazine as a Marketing Intern.  Back then, I didn't have a photo for every recipe, and the blog post was simply the recipe and nothing else.  Because this is my go-to recipe for Banana Nut Bread (and because it is so amazing!), I thought that it deserved a little more attention.  This is quite honestly some of the best Banana Nut Bread that I've ever had.  An entire 8oz. package of cream cheese is added right to the batter, along with 4 mashed bananas.  The cream cheese adds so much to this recipe, with an incredibly moist texture being the main component.  Plus, the roasted pecans are the perfect addition.  Roasting the nuts brings out